You would acquire a high-speed of Internet range to complete the process of New Extender Setup. The exact speed of the Internet range is only possible if you place your existing router openly in a neat, clean, and dry place that is free from interference creating devices consists of same frequency. Similarly, the range extender/ wireless repeater spread the speed of existing home network to the far corners of the house and even in those areas mentioned as dead zones.
New WiFi Extender Setup
- As you know that your range extender can only be configured if you unbox it in the same room of the router.
- Connecting both the devices with each other via Ethernet cable would be a good idea. Do not unite them if your router is throwing heat instead of live signals.
- Hope your device is now ready to be plugged into an electric wall socket. This can only happen if you shut down (unplug) your device for a short while. This means that your device needs a rest to relax its software and cool down completely.
- After that, connect your computer/ laptop to the range extender with the help of an Ethernet cable and pull up a web browser onto it. This process is permanent.
- When you are in the web browser, you need to type mywifiext into field of the address bar.
- We hope that you have the series of login details to go into New Extender Setup Page. These details are default and you can easily have it from your Netgear expert on toll-free number.
Tips to Improve the performance of the Internet Range
- Consider checking your Hardware and Network Connection
Before you get frustrated and throw your hardware device out of the house or in trash, consider checking the kind of speeds you would like to compare and pick one among hundred. You just have to open a web browser and type “speed test” in the search bar and find the average speed you are receiving or being paid off. The displayed result will give you different and appropriate results for different results. This also gives you the list of those people (know or unknown) using and destroying your bandwidth.
- Reset your Modem
Resetting your modem and the router would be a good idea to get rid of connectivity issues. Also, try updating the firmware to the latest technology of both the devices. If both of your devices are too old to update, try replacing the two with the new and latest one.
- Test out the source of Interference
It is damn good that you are using the latest firmware of wireless router. Similarly, there are chances that some devices in your home and outside can affect your network. This effect is caused by the interference of unknown traffic and unidentified devices. Advance type of wireless routers come in numerous varieties.
- 11n (2.4 GHz)
- 11a (5.8 GHz)
Ordinary and common devices, which interfere a lot with your WiFi connections, are those that consist of same frequency as of router. Such obstructions can be your daily use metal appliances or instruments used by your neighbors. There is simple way to minimize such interferences.
- Turn off your smart devices.
- Unplug microwaves Owens, mixer grinder, baby monitors, security alarms, etc. during the process of fill ip 168.1.250.
Note: There are chances that you might receive an error message while login to https://mywifiexte.net. If you receive the same, then you should seek for an expert advice and before that apply the following.
- Get out of the web browser and clear all the browsing history, malicious files, cache, cookies and malware from your PC or Laptop.
- Restart your device.
- Try using another web browser instead of existing.
- Consider checking connected devices to the Internet
You can easily detect the list of those unidentified people who are accessing your network, downloading large stuff from the Internet, watching videos, serials, and movies online by getting familiar with the web interface of your existing router. They consume and ruin the data limit of your bandwidth and also enter in your network without your permission. To get rid of such issues, apply and implement the following points.
- You might know the fact that most of the routers are delivered to you by default login credentials set as default by the device manufacturer. So, what are you going to do, change the default details and create a strong network name and password, which is much difficult for an unidentified source, traffic, or people to detect?
- Network name supposed to be about 8 characters and password about 16 characters.
- Try to share the login details only with those who are trustworthy to you. Don’t forget to change them after a few (two-three) months.
- Both passphrase and SSID shouldn’t consist of dictionary words, but they can a contain blend of alphabets, numbers including digits. But this blend shouldn’t contain dictionary words.
Note: Do not change the default details until you are completely done with the entire process given above.