Hypertension, or high blood pressure, is an ailment that affects about 30 per cent of the global population of adults. Research suggests that 50 million Americans alone suffer from high blood pressure and the problems related to it.
People with hypertension do not respond well to certain treatments, particularly the ones related to cold and flu. Certain medicines that aim to cure a cold and flu can elevate blood pressure in patients of hypertension.
One of the primary symptoms of hypertension shortness of breath. Apart from breathlessness, there are various other indications like an increased heart rate also known as palpitations, decrease in blood coagulation, sudden weight gain and swelling in the hands and feet. Hypertension must be treated at the earliest, for that you need to visit an experienced doctor of internal medicine for appropriate medical guidance.
Now, the question that arises is, how can you control hypertension?
There are many practical and easy ways in which your blood pressure can be kept in check. Some of them have been mentioned below:
Ways to keep a leash on hypertension
- Exercise regularly. Doctors at Spring Meadows Hospital suggest that exercising for 30 minutes each day can keep hypertension at bay, and also ensure that your circulatory system functions normally.
- Try to live a stress-free life as far as possible. Stress is a major contributing factor to hypertension. If you cannot manage your stress levels, seek help from the best internal medicine hospital in Delhi.
- People with hypertension need to follow a specific diet chart. If you are not sure about the things that you can and cannot eat, consult a nutritionist to draw up a diet chart for you.
- Always let your doctor know about your hypertension so that they can prescribe your medication accordingly.
- Do not discontinue your hypertension medication abruptly. Continue it for as long as your doctor suggests. Stopping the intake of hypertension medication can cause severe complexities.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks completely and limit your caffeine intake per day.
- Consult withexpert doctors forinternal medicine treatment in Greater Kailash. Visit Spring Meadows Hospital for any suggestions on how you can keep your high blood problems away. They will always provide you with the best and most effective solutions in this matter.
- If you experience any side effects or symptoms for any of the medicines you take, discuss them with your healthcare provider.
Hypertension affects many people in the world, and when left untreated, it can aggravate to a serious degree. Dizziness, nausea and headaches are the common problems which can arise when a suddenly serious event of raised blood pressure.
Luckily, by maintaining a proper diet and exercise routine, it is possible to keep hypertension in check. Taking regular medication is also a crucial step, which is why you need to be diligent about it.
Try to keep all your appointments for treatments. At top healthcare institutions in India like Spring Meadows Hospital, you will be encouraged to come for routine check-ups for your blood pressure so that you have no problems in maintaining it.